In order for Smart Formulas to be imported into UpSheets from Xero the pay item in Xero must:
- Match the format described here;
- Be assigned to the pay template of an active employee; and
- Be valid for timesheets.
The easiest way to check if a pay item is valid for timesheets is to add a new timesheet in Xero (Payroll> Timesheets> Add Timesheet) and check that it is available in the dropdown.
If they are not visible it is usually because they are not active, or because they are set up as an allowance. Allowances may be uploaded as timesheets if they:
- Have a Rate Type = Multiple; or
- Have a Rate Type = Rate per unit and Type of units = hours
- Have a Rate Type = Rate per unit and Type of units = The same time unit used for the Ordinary Earnings Type of the Employee (Days/Weeks etc)
See here for more information